This is my quick & easy go-to chilli recipe. It takes about 30-60min to cook and tastes great.
The ingredient list is short, but you can add or substitute whatever you like. I usually serve this with rice, a baked potato, some corn chips or just on its own with some grated cheese. This chilli recipe also freezes well, so I often make a double batch and then freeze individual portions for later.
Chilli Recipe — Serves 4-6:
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper (any colour), chopped
500g ground/mince beef
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons ground chilli seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 x 420g tins diced tomatoes
1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
– Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and saute until onion has softened.
– Add beef mince and stir until browned.
– Add tomato paste and mix in well. Then add chilli seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and mix.
– Add tinned tomatoes and kidney beans and stir well.
– Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occassionally, until desired consistency is reached.
Please note: If you are going to simmer longer than 30 minutes, then reduce heat to low or add more liquid (tomato sauce or an extra tin of tomatoes).
You can also follow me on Twitter @goosesgoodies