This jelly roll quilt top was so much fun to make. I’m new to quilting and thought this would be an easy quilt top to try…and it was. You may see other videos where they say it only takes an hour or so, but if you’re a beginner like me, it’s takes a few more hours (and some breaks too). It’s definitely worth the time 🙂
Month: March 2015
How to Use the Dreamfarm Garject Garlic Crusher
This is one of my favorite garlic crushers. I’ve used quite a few different crushers over the years and this one really does it all! Dreamfarm were very kind to give me one of my very own, so I thought I would show it to you and how it works and why I love it.
You can check out their products here: https://www.dreamfarm.com/
You can also buy this garlic crusher from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1BBbL3I
Classic Nanaimo Bars
Nanaimo bars are a fantastic Canadian treat. They have 3 delicious layers – a chocolatey, coconut, nut base layer, custard middle layer, and chocolate top layer. These no-bake bars are easy to make and super yummy!
1 stick Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup Nuts chopped (optional)
– Line an 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 9″ square pan with a strip of parchment.
– In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
– Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.
– Slowly add egg, then return to medium heat for 1-2 min until thickened.
– Stir in vanilla, then stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts and mix until well combined.
– Press firmly into parchment-lined pan.
– Refrigerate 1 hr until firm.
1/3 cup Butter, softened
2 tbsp Custard powder
3-5 tbsp Cream
2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
– Using a mixer or hand mixer, cream butter and custard powder together.
– Add 3 tbsp cream and mix until combined.
– Mix in confectioners’ sugar, adding more cream if needed to achieve a spreadable consistency.
– Spread over chilled base layer and refrigerate for 30 min until set.
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp butter
– Slowly melt chocolate and butter together.
— In the microwave – 30 seconds, then stir, then another 10s, then stir (continue with 10s bursts until melted being careful not to burn the chocolate).
— In a double-boiler – place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt chocolate and butter until smooth.
– Spread over middle layer and refrigerate 10 min until set.