This potholder is a great project for beginners. It’s one of the first things I learned how to make when I started sewing. You can choose which shape you want to make – round, octagonal or square. They’re all easy, fun and make great gifts!
How to Oil a Wooden Chopping Board
Oiling your wooden chopping board is super quick and easy. It’ll make sure your board lasts a long time without cracking and breaking.
This is my favorite board oil:
Boos Mystery Oil – http://amzn.to/1OWelFc
How To Use a Waterbath Canner
This is a separate video on how to use a waterbath canner. It’s really easy and means you can make and keep so many yummy jams, jellies, marmalades, etc.
Here’s the equipment I find useful:
Waterbath Canner Starter Set – http://amzn.to/1veExnU
Half Pint Jars – http://amzn.to/1tGft3L
Oxo Ladle – http://amzn.to/1FLqkln
– wash jars and lids with hot and soapy water and rinse well.
– to sterilize jars, place jars in canner with just simmering water. Leave the jars in there until ready to use.
– warm lids (do not boil) in smaller pan.
– remove jam, jelly, etc. from heat and ladle into hot jars. Fill jars according to your recipe.
– make sure there’s no jam on the rim of the jars that could affect the seal. Clean with a damp cloth if needed.
– place lids on top of jars and screw on bands until finger tight.
– place jars in canner and lower into water. Make sure there’s at least 1-2 inches of water over the top of the jars. Bring water to a boil and process jars according to your recipe. Use the following chart to adjust water canning times for different altitudes:
Altitude (feet) Increase processing time
1001 – 3000 5 minutes
3001 – 6000 10 minutes
6001 – 8000 15 minutes
8001 – 10000 20 minutes
– turn off heat, remove lid and allow jars to sit for 5 min.
– remove jars from water and place on a towel for at least 12 hrs. During this time you’ll hear each of the lids pop as they seal.
– check the jars have sealed properly – they shouldn’t move up and down when you press in the middle of the lid. If a jar hasn’t sealed, you can refrigerate it and eat it or you can process the jar again using a new lid.
– keep processed jars in a cool, dry and dark place.
If you’re interested in some recipes, here are some of my other videos:
How To Make Homemade Strawberry Jam
How to Make Homemade Blueberry Jam
How to Make Homemade Peach Jam
Homemade Seville Orange Marmalade
How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt Top (for beginners)
This jelly roll quilt top was so much fun to make. I’m new to quilting and thought this would be an easy quilt top to try…and it was. You may see other videos where they say it only takes an hour or so, but if you’re a beginner like me, it’s takes a few more hours (and some breaks too). It’s definitely worth the time 🙂
How to Use the Dreamfarm Garject Garlic Crusher
This is one of my favorite garlic crushers. I’ve used quite a few different crushers over the years and this one really does it all! Dreamfarm were very kind to give me one of my very own, so I thought I would show it to you and how it works and why I love it.
You can check out their products here: https://www.dreamfarm.com/
You can also buy this garlic crusher from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1BBbL3I
Review/Demo Nostalgia Electrics S’mores Maker
This is a great s’mores machine for parties or with a few friends! If you’re in the mood for s’mores and can’t go sit by a campfire, then this will do the trick.
Buy it here: http://amzn.to/1IK58Md