This is my quick & easy go-to chilli recipe. It takes about 30-60min to cook and tastes great.
The ingredient list is short, but you can add or substitute whatever you like. I usually serve this with rice, a baked potato, some corn chips or just on its own with some grated cheese. This chilli recipe also freezes well, so I often make a double batch and then freeze individual portions for later.
Chilli Recipe — Serves 4-6:
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper (any colour), chopped
500g ground/mince beef
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoons ground chilli seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 x 420g tins diced tomatoes
1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper
– Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and saute until onion has softened.
– Add beef mince and stir until browned.
– Add tomato paste and mix in well. Then add chilli seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and mix.
– Add tinned tomatoes and kidney beans and stir well.
– Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occassionally, until desired consistency is reached.
Please note: If you are going to simmer longer than 30 minutes, then reduce heat to low or add more liquid (tomato sauce or an extra tin of tomatoes).
This video shows you how to make a classic one-bowl vanilla cupcake with a buttercream icing using a Wilton 1M swirl. The icing contains vegetable shortening, so the icing will stay white and doesn’t need to be refrigerated. These easy vanilla cupcake and icing recipes can also be used to make cakes or as a base to add other flavours or food colourings to both the cake and icing.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 large eggs
– Preheat oven to 180 C (or 160 C for fan bake).
– Place cupcake cases in pan.
– Measure all ingredients into the mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment.
– Mix at low speed until ingredients are combined.
– Scrape down bowl once.
– Mix on high speed until smooth and fluffy (about 2 min).
– Scoop batter into prepared cupcake pans.
– Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
– Let cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.
White Vanilla Buttercream Icing:
1 cup vegetable shortening
4 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon clear vanilla flavouring
7-8 teaspoons water
– Place vegetable shortening, icing sugar, vanilla and 7 teaspoons of water into the food processor. Mix until icing is spreading consistency and add more water if needed.