This is a great recipe for apples and the sour cream custard compliments them beautifully.
Buy your equipment here:
Springform Pan 9inch – http://amzn.to/1vDztt2
Apple Corer – http://amzn.to/11OM0xT
Apple Peeler – http://amzn.to/1w0JXVw
Wusthof Santoku 7” with sharpener – http://amzn.to/1FLbvze
Cooling rack – http://amzn.to/1tIsHwU
Ingredients for 1-2-3 Dough:
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Butter
3 cups Flour
1 Egg, beaten
– Mix flour and butter together until roughly combined.
– Mix in sugar.
– Add egg
– Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hr.
Ingredients for Cake:
½ recipe 1-2-3 Dough
4-5 Apples, peeled, cored, and halved
½ cup Whipping Cream
1 cup Sour cream
1 tbsp Corn starch
½ cup Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla
– Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC and grease and flour a 9″ springform pan.
– Press dough into bottom and sides of pan. Dough should come about ¾ up the side of the pan.
– Sprinkle enough breadcrumbs to cover the bottom.
– Score the top of each apple and arrange in pan with scored side up, adding pieces to fill in the holes.
– Combine whipping cream, eggs, sour cream, corn starch, sugar, and vanilla.
– Pour over apples and bake for 1-1½ until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Cool on wire rack in tin.