These are nice chewy cookies. If you are looking for a more cakey cookie, use softened butter instead of the melted. If you are looking for a thicker cookie, chill dough before and after scooping into mounds. Chilling helps them to hold their shape better.
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 1/2 cups oats (not quick cooking)
12 oz pkg chocolate chips (or heaped cup)
– Preheat oven to 350ºF.
– Mix together butter and sugars.
– Add eggs and mix well.
– Mix in vanilla extract.
– Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using).
– Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
– Chill dough in bowl in fridge for 30 min.
– Scoop out dough into mounds on cookie sheets and bake 15-18 min.
– Cool on wire rack.