This is a quick and easy recipe for shortcakes. Perfect for strawberries and cream!
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 – 3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter, cold
3 tbsp shortening
3/4 cup buttermilk
– Preheat oven to 450ºF.
– Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
– Cut in butter and shortening.
– Stir in buttermilk with a fork until just holding together.
– Turn out onto work surface and gently knead a few times to combine.
– Roll or pat out dough to about 3/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
– Bake 12-15 min or until light golden on top.
– Cool on wire rack.