This recipe works great with pineapple as well. I usually serve it with some ice cream or whipped cream.
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar, plus more for dusting
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2. Grease and sugar an 8″ loose base round cake tin. Line base with baking paper, if not using loose base tin.
3. Peel bananas and cut into even slices. Line bottom of cake tin with banana slices. Set aside.
4.In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
6. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
7. Mix in vanilla.
8. Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
9. Pour into prepared cake tin and smooth out top.
10. Bake for about 40 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool in pan for 10 min and the turn out onto plate.