This recipe works great with pineapple as well. I usually serve it with some ice cream or whipped cream.
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar, plus more for dusting
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2. Grease and sugar an 8″ loose base round cake tin. Line base with baking paper, if not using loose base tin.
3. Peel bananas and cut into even slices. Line bottom of cake tin with banana slices. Set aside.
4.In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
6. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
7. Mix in vanilla.
8. Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
9. Pour into prepared cake tin and smooth out top.
10. Bake for about 40 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool in pan for 10 min and the turn out onto plate.
This is a great recipe that can be made into a variety of sizes. In this video I’m making muffins, but you can easily use a loaf pan or round or square cake pans. If you are using a cake or loaf pan, make sure you grease and flour the pan before pouring in the batter. You will also need to bake longer.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Mix in bananas and vanilla.
Add flour and buttermilk, alternating, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Pour into muffin cases.
Bake for about 15-20min. Check after 15min by inserting a toothpick/skewer into the muffin. If it comes out clean, with no crumbs or batter on it, the muffins are done.
Cool on wire rack.