4 tbsp Butter, melted
1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
1 cup Sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup Chocolate chips
1 cup Walnuts
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
– Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line an 8″ (20cm) square pan with a piece of parchment.
– Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of the pan.
– Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts over the top.
– Evenly drizzle the can of sweetened condensed milk on top and bake for about 30min or until golden brown.
– Cool on wire rack.
This is a moist, easy to make carrot cake. The cream cheese icing or frosting is very simple too. I’ve just done a very quick and easy way to decorate the cake using a bread/table knife, so no fancy decorating equipment required!
Ingredients for Carrot Cake:
1 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
Directions for Carrot Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease and flour 2 x 8″ or 9″ cake pans
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt in a bowl
4. Mix in oil and eggs
5. Stir in carrots, walnuts and pineapple
6. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30-35min or until toothpick comes out clean
7. Cool in pans for 10 min and then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
2 x 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 sticks of butter, cubed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lb icing/confectioner’s sugar
Directions for Cream Cheese Icing:
1. Beat cream cheese in bowl until light and fluffy
2. Add butter and beat until fluffy
3. Add vanilla and mix in
4. Add icing sugar and mix well
5. Place bottom cake on a serving plate. Add a large spoonful of icing and spread to cover cake.
6. Add second layer of cake. Add remaining icing to top and spread over cake from center outward.