These are classic coconut macaroons that are sweet and simple to make. They’re a great use for leftover egg whites!
Buy the insulated cookie sheet here: http://amzn.to/1A9Gim9
Buy the baking parchment here: http://amzn.to/1vDu70Y
1 bag (14oz) Sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Egg whites
1 tsp Vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
– Mix coconut, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
– Add egg whites and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
– Bake 15-25 min. until golden brown.
– Cool on wire rack.
This is a moist, easy to make carrot cake. The cream cheese icing or frosting is very simple too. I’ve just done a very quick and easy way to decorate the cake using a bread/table knife, so no fancy decorating equipment required!
Ingredients for Carrot Cake:
1 1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
Directions for Carrot Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease and flour 2 x 8″ or 9″ cake pans
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt in a bowl
4. Mix in oil and eggs
5. Stir in carrots, walnuts and pineapple
6. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30-35min or until toothpick comes out clean
7. Cool in pans for 10 min and then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
2 x 8oz packages of cream cheese
2 sticks of butter, cubed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lb icing/confectioner’s sugar
Directions for Cream Cheese Icing:
1. Beat cream cheese in bowl until light and fluffy
2. Add butter and beat until fluffy
3. Add vanilla and mix in
4. Add icing sugar and mix well
5. Place bottom cake on a serving plate. Add a large spoonful of icing and spread to cover cake.
6. Add second layer of cake. Add remaining icing to top and spread over cake from center outward.