1 bag (14oz) Sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Egg whites
1 tsp Vanilla extract
– Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
– Mix coconut, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
– Add egg whites and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
– Bake 15-25 min. until golden brown.
– Cool on wire rack.
These are the turkey croquettes my Mom always made after we had a turkey dinner. They are cheese, onion, sage, and turkey all rolled into a golden fried croquette. Yum!
4 cups shredded leftover turkey
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
1 medium onion, diced
4 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
12 oz cheddar cheese, grated
salt, pepper, sage to taste
dried breadcrumbs and eggs for coating
vegetable oil for frying
– melt butter in saucepan
– add onions and saute until translucent
– add flour and cook for 1 min.
– gradually add in milk, stirring constantly
– add cheese and allow mixture to thicken, stirring to prevent sticking on the bottom
– add salt, pepper, and sage to taste
– remove from heat and stir in turkey
– chill until set enough to form a croquette
– shape turkey mixture into desired size croquettes
– roll in breadcrumbs, then egg, then back in breadcrumbs
– fry in oil until golden brown, turning once if necessary
– remove from oil and drain on paper towel