4 tbsp Butter, melted
1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
1 cup Sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup Chocolate chips
1 cup Walnuts
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
– Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line an 8″ (20cm) square pan with a piece of parchment.
– Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of the pan.
– Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts over the top.
– Evenly drizzle the can of sweetened condensed milk on top and bake for about 30min or until golden brown.
– Cool on wire rack.
This is a great recipe for a last minute fruitcake. It’s nice and moist and only takes a day to make! Substitute your favorite dried fruits, nuts, and liqueur.
Makes a 9″ round or 8″ square.
2½ lbs Mixed dried fruit/glace fruit
2 sticks + 2 tbsp Butter
1¼ cups Brown sugar
1 tbsp Corn syrup
½ lemon, juice and zest
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Allspice
¼ tsp Cloves
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Curry powder
2½ oz Blanched almonds, chopped
¾ cup Brandy
1 tbsp Cornflour
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
– Preheat oven to 320ºF/160ºC.
– Line baking pan with baking parchment. If using a regular baking pan, wrap some newsprint or parcel paper around the outside of the pan and secure with baking twine.
– In a large pot, bring fruit, butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
– Once bubbling, add in lemon zest, lemon juice, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, curry powder, salt, almonds, and brandy.
– Simmer for 10 min, stirring constantly.
– Remove from heat and cool completely.
– Once cool, stir in corn flour.
– Mix in eggs, then flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
– Scrape into prepared pan.
– Bake at 320ºF/160ºC for 30min. Then reduce temperature to 250ºF/120ºC and bake for 3½ hrs or until done.