Here are 3 more of the tips I like to use to decorate cupcakes and cakes. They’re lots of fun to use, so play around and be creative with your designs!
Buy the stuff you need from here:
Cupcake pan – http://amzn.to/1vLfdo8
Silver cupcake liners – http://amzn.to/1v8iYQK
Wilton food coloring gels – http://amzn.to/12k2X3h
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags – http://amzn.to/1wdJUoC
Wilton Clear Vanilla – http://amzn.to/1FJiPLI
Wilton Couplers 4pk – http://amzn.to/1FK1z93
Wilton #233 Tip – http://amzn.to/15MMYwY
Wilton #104 Tip – http://amzn.to/1vcz3K8
Wilton #352 Tip – http://amzn.to/1zJ1kqX
This is a very lemony cake made with polenta, grounds almonds, and ricotta. A lemon syrup is then poured over the warm cake to give a sweet lemony tang and moistness. More lemon flavor is added with the buttercream and even more lemon sweetness is added with the sugared lemon zest on the top.
Buy your Springform Pan 9inch – http://amzn.to/1vDztt2
Buy your Lemon Zester – http://amzn.to/1y7VbCx
Cake and syrup recipe originally from http://www.wheat-free.org/wheat-gluten-free-lemon-ricotta-cake-recipe.html
2 sticks Butter
1 cup Sugar
3 Eggs, beaten
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1½ cups Ground Almonds
½ cup Polenta
1 tsp Baking Powder
– Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 9″ springform pan.
– In a mixer, cream butter and sugar.
– Mix in eggs.
– Mix in ricotta, almonds, polenta, and baking powder until well combined.
– Scrape into lined pan and bake for 1-1½ hrs or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cake will be a golden brown on top.
– While cake is baking make Lemon Syrup and Sugared Lemon Zest.
– Once cake is cooked, remove from oven and leave in tin. Pour or brush cake with Lemon Syrup while cake is still warm. Leave to cool completely.
– Remove cake from tin and spread or pipe Lemon Buttercream over the top. Garnish with Sugared Lemon Zest.
½ cup + 1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Lemon, juice and zest
2 Lemons, juice
– Place sugar, lemon juice (3 lemons total), and water into a saucepan.
– Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Boil for about 5min. or until slightly syrupy.
– Remove from heat and add zest. Set aside until cake is ready.
– Brush over warm cake.
4 Tbsp Butter, softened
1 Lemon, juice
1½ cups Confectioner’s Sugar
– Beat butter and sugar, adding enough lemon juice to reach desired consistency.
– Spread or pipe onto cooled cake.
Sugared Lemon Zest:
2-3 Tbsp sugar
– Use a zester to remove zest from lemons.
– Toss in sugar to coat.
– Garnish finished cake.
This is a great pumpkin spice cake recipe. I’m making mini cupcakes, but you can also make a cake, loaf, standard size cupcakes – just remember to adjust the cooking time.
Buy your mini cupcake pan here – http://amzn.to/1B7Fq4Q
Buy your mini cupcake liners here – http://amzn.to/1wgm7EG
For the pumpkin spice mini cupcakes:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp salt
– Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line mini muffin tins with paper cases.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. Set aside.
– In bowl of mixer, stir sugars together. Add shortening and mix until combined.
– Add eggs and mix.
– Add pumpkin and mix well.
– Mix in vanilla extract.
– Stir in flour mixture.
– Spoon mixture into muffin tins and bake for 10-15min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
– Cool in tins for about 10min and then cool completely on wire rack.
For the caramelized pecan topping:
1 cup pecans
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
– Cook pecans in a saucepan until lightly toasted and fragrant.
– Add sugar and syrup and stir constantly until caramelized.
– Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and cool completely.
– Pulse in mini chopper/food processor until desired coarseness. You can also chop nuts by hand with a knife.
For the buttermilk buttercream icing:
2 sticks butter
1 lb confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
– Mix together until light and fluffy.
– Pipe onto cupcakes and sprinkle with pecan topping.