These are four fun and easy Halloween designs to decorate your cupcakes.
This is the cupcake and icing recipe I used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-islIWwV8
For the cupcakes, I’ve added orange food coloring to the batter and for the icing, I’ve substituted half a cup of sifted cocoa for half a cup of confectioner’s sugar and added black food coloring.
2 round nozzle (or any round nozzle)
233 – grass/hair nozzle
Coupler for grass nozzle
Black licorice strips
Black edible pen
This is a great tool to help speed up your cake decorating. It makes a string of pearls/beads that you can quickly apply to your cake. The mold I have is 8mm, but they come in all different sizes to suit your cake.
1. Preheat oven to 170ºF.
2. Mix 1 tsp original white mix and 2 tsp pearlized white premix.
3. Spread over butterfly mat and bake 10 min, then cool.
4. Spread pearlized white premix over cooled butterflies and bake 10 min, then cool.
5. Fold aluminum foil sheet several times to create peaks.
6. Gently peel butterflies from mat and hang over foil peaks. Bake again for 20 min.
7. Store cooled butterflies in box until ready to use.
– whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
– mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– mix egg, extracts and milk.
– stir in flour.
– wrap dough in cling film and refrigerate about 1 hr.
– roll out dough on a floured surface to desired thickness.
– use cookie cutters and cut out shapes.
– bake in a 350ºF for 8-12 min.
– cool on wire rack.
– follow directions on Wilton Color Flow container.