If you like crunchy cookies, you’ll love these! You bake them in a jelly roll pan and then break them into any size pieces you want for a fun and yummy cookie experience.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp salt
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
8oz/227g chocolate covered toffee pieces (ex. Heath bar, Skor bar, Daim bar)
– Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC.
– Line bottom of 17″ x 11″ jelly roll pan with baking parchment. Set aside.
– Cream butter and sugars together.
– Mix in vanilla and salt.
– Stir in flour.
– Stir in chocolate chips and toffee pieces (dough will be quite crumbly).
– Even pour crumbs into jelly roll pan, then press crumbs firmly together into the pan.
– Bake for 30min (brittle should be golden brown and firm to touch).
– Cool in pan on wire rack.
– Break into pieces.
Nanaimo bars are a fantastic Canadian treat. They have 3 delicious layers – a chocolatey, coconut, nut base layer, custard middle layer, and chocolate top layer. These no-bake bars are easy to make and super yummy!
1 stick Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup Nuts chopped (optional)
– Line an 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 9″ square pan with a strip of parchment.
– In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
– Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.
– Slowly add egg, then return to medium heat for 1-2 min until thickened.
– Stir in vanilla, then stir in crumbs, coconut, and nuts and mix until well combined.
– Press firmly into parchment-lined pan.
– Refrigerate 1 hr until firm.
1/3 cup Butter, softened
2 tbsp Custard powder
3-5 tbsp Cream
2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
– Using a mixer or hand mixer, cream butter and custard powder together.
– Add 3 tbsp cream and mix until combined.
– Mix in confectioners’ sugar, adding more cream if needed to achieve a spreadable consistency.
– Spread over chilled base layer and refrigerate for 30 min until set.
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp butter
– Slowly melt chocolate and butter together.
— In the microwave – 30 seconds, then stir, then another 10s, then stir (continue with 10s bursts until melted being careful not to burn the chocolate).
— In a double-boiler – place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt chocolate and butter until smooth.
– Spread over middle layer and refrigerate 10 min until set.